Friday, May 8, 2009

Getting last for the first time ever!!!!!

Blessing in disguise
Still feeling sore ever since I got last in the Talentime a few months back at YLC 2009.Good learning experience though. And thanks to Miss-Goodbye-Lodge(Vicky,the standout of the picture), I miraculously beat Jesmond(pls dun feel sore bout it, there's always another chance) in the class positions by 4 marks. Feeling quite bad for Jesmond... As a matter of fact, I have beaten ppl by only 1 mark in the term exams before....... Pity them too.

Conversation with Jesmond after the writing paper........
Jesmond: So what did you write for your essay?
Mervin: I wrote about Vicky(Miss-Goodbye-Lodge)...
Jesmond: Bad choice............ should have written about something else.......
Mervin: Ya lor........ I think that I would get very low marks for writing........
Jesmond: I wrote about the person standing at the basketball field, looking at the groun
d....Could have written 3 pages about it.......

One Week Later..............

essay writing papers were being returned.........

Mervin:(thinking) Sure get low marks liao.........
soon after.........
Miss Chin: Mervin
I knew that I would get C at the most for the essay paper. My essay really sucked. It was the first time that I felt that I would get a poor mark for writing...........
Then, I looked at the paper............. 64/80!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HUH??? Where's the terrible results???
Just to make sure that the result was correct, I had an english teacher(my mum's friend) check it.
Quite well written.......
???
huh??? this must be a joke! Well, I've accepted the results.
and thanks once again to Group 4 of the YLC 2009!

No comments: